Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
1st Young Driver Training can reduce your carbon footprint
8:20am Thursday 29th March 2012 in Green For Life
1st Young Driver Training recommends… Reducing your driving 'carbon footprint':
· Avoid harsh acceleration; you're pouring more fuel into the engine
· Maintain a lower top-speed on motorways and dual-carriageways
· Drive and steer smoothly
· Use the highest appropriate gear for the conditions/view
· Read the road; every gear-change costs money
· Where possible, try to avoid stopping; moving-off uses most fuel
· Remove unused roof-racks and surplus weight; more drag, less mpg
· Inflate tyres to the correct pressures when they're cold: under-inflated tyres cause more fuel-use. Over-inflated tyres cause quicker tyre-wear and safety issues
· Service your vehicle regularly
· Turn off 'high-drain' electrics eg. heated rear-screen or air-con; they increase fuel-use
· Leaving windows or sunroofs open at 35mph+ increases fuel-use There's no room to reveal all:
After reading, you'll make more significant (client testimonials for 58%) savings in a one-to-one eco-driver session.
Call Keith on 01823-430094 or 07931-707855 and book yours.
Comments are closed on this article.