Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Two escape unharmed after fire at property on South Road
7:34pm Wednesday 25th September 2013 in News
TWO women escaped unharmed after a fire at a property on South Road, Taunton this evening (September 25).
Fire crews were called out just before 6pm to reports of smoke in the property, but the situation quickly transpired and the two women were led to safety.
The cause of the fire was a pan that had been left unattended on the hob, and Crew Commander Jim McGuinness has urged people to be aware of the dangers of these actions.
He said: "The message we want to get across to the public is that when cooking, don't leave things unattended.
If something does happen and there is a fire in your property; leave it immediately and leave the fire service to deal with it. Your priority is to keep yourself safe."
The two women escaped without injury and the property suffered only minor smoke damage.
Comments are closed on this article.