FIRE crews were called to a chimney blaze in Exeter last night (January 3).

A fire team from Exeter Middlemoor attended the fire at a property in Normandy Road, Heavitree, at 10.15pm.

A fire service spokesman said: "On arrival crews found the chimney within the property to be well alight. Crews got to work using small tools and chimney gear.

"Crews found this to be a difficult chimney as it was also affecting the adjoining flue on the first floor of the property.

"The fire was extinguished using the chimney gear and 1 hose reel jet.

"Duty of care was left with the occupier."