This live event has finished
- Broken down freight train caused problems.
- FGW and CrossCountry services were affected.
- Some passengers delayed up to an hour.
- Services now running as normal.
Trains are now running normally between Taunton and Exeter.
Delays now expected until 2pm:
#Tiverton Parkway - Delays of 60 minutes between Taunton and Exeter St Davids expected until 14:00 http://t.co/H6EM5U28tD— @nationalrailenq 13 January 2014
Delays of 60 minutes between Taunton and Exeter St Davids expected until 1pm, according to National Rail.
As if my train to plym is going to be delayed for an hour in Taunton and it's terminating at Newton Abbott!!!! 👊— @BeccyRichx 13 January 2014
#TivertonParkway - Delays of 60 minutes between Taunton and Exeter St Davids http://t.co/H6EM5U28tD— @nationalrailenq 13 January 2014
National Rail says routes affected are:
- First Great Western services between London Paddington, Cardiff Central and Plymouth;
- CrossCountry services between Birmingham New Street and Plymouth.
The broken down train near Tiverton Parkway is causing delays of up to 30 minutes.
NEW: Delays between Taunton and Exeter St Davids until further notice - Broken down freight train #TivertonParkway http://t.co/lB5P4nw7oD— @nationalrailenq 13 January 2014
RAIL passengers are suffering from delays due to a broken down freight train.
It is affecting travel between Taunton and Exeter St Davids.
National Rail says delays are expected "until further notice."