Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
More designation zones on the agenda for Minehead
4:00pm Friday 17th January 2014 in News
Designation zones provide the police and police community support officers with additional powers to address anti-social and disorderly behaviour associated with alcohol consumption.
Police can ask people not to drink in the zones, take away alcohol and arrest someone if they do not comply.
Minehead police have requested that the zones be extended to include The Avenue, The Parade and Wellington Square in Minehead.
They are also requesting the area around the shops in Alcombe from the junction with Elm Grove to the junction with Marshfield Road.
It is recommended that the area of the beach extending from the harbour east to Butlin’s is also made a designation zone.
The following areas in West Somerset are already subject to designation zones:
- Blenheim Gardens, Minehead
- Irnham Road Recreation Area, Minehead
- The sea front area of Minehead
- The King George Recreation Ground Cross Farm Park, Alcombe
- The Rose Garden off Seaward Way, Minehead
- The area of land adjacent to Seaward Way and Bircham Road, Alcombe
- The Williton Memorial Grounds, Williton
- Bellamy's Corner, Williton
- The Watchet War Memorial Ground, Watchet
- The Henry Davy Playing Field, Watchet
- The Esplanade, Watchet
Comments are closed on this article.