Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Weaving machine sparks Taunton factory fire (March 14)
THE fire service were called to a factory fire in Taunton this evening (March 14).
The Fire Service received a call from an alarm receiving centre reporting fire alarms activating at Pearsalls Sutures, Tancred Street at around 7pm.
One fire team from Taunton attended.
A fire service spokesman said: "Upon arrival, fire crews confirmed the property was evacuated.
"There was a small fire within a first floor production room involving a weaving machine which was out on the arrival of the Fire Service who ventilated the property using two breathing apparatus wearers and inspected the factory with a thermal image camera to ensure it was safe.
"The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental."
Comments are closed on this article.