Here are eight things you didn't know about dementia and dementia care:
- 665,065 people in England have been diagnosed with dementia.
- Expect this to increase by 25% in the next ten years.
- Two-thirds of those diagnosed are women.
- One in three people over the age of 65 will develop dementia.
- One in six people over the age of 80 have dementia.
- One in three people with dementia live on their own.
- 62% of those people say they feel lonely.
- £8bn of care is provided free of charge by family members to people with dementia.
SOURCE: Alzheimer’s Society