Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
The Alzheimer's Society reveals some surprising facts about dementia care
Updated 11:07am Thursday 27th March 2014 in News
Here are eight things you didn't know about dementia and dementia care:
- 665,065 people in England have been diagnosed with dementia.
- Expect this to increase by 25% in the next ten years.
- Two-thirds of those diagnosed are women.
- One in three people over the age of 65 will develop dementia.
- One in six people over the age of 80 have dementia.
- One in three people with dementia live on their own.
- 62% of those people say they feel lonely.
- £8bn of care is provided free of charge by family members to people with dementia.
SOURCE: Alzheimer’s Society
Comments are closed on this article.