Firefighters were called to Totnes Road, Tweenaway, Paignton yesterday morning after a report of a fire in a supermarket.

Fire control had received a call from the duty manager of the supermarket saying she had discovered a room filled with smoke to the rear of the building.

Two appliances from Paignton were mobilised.

Fire crews found there had been a small fire in a food preparation area involving a pizza sealing machine.

The fire was out on arrival, and crews inspected the area to ensure it was safe.

The cause was accidental.