Fire badly damages chalet in Taunton

Fire badly damages chalet in Taunton

Fire badly damages chalet in Taunton

First published in News

THE kitchen of a Taunton home was badly damaged in a fire this evening, Thursday, May 29.

Firefighters were called to the blaze in a detached chalet in Snedden Grove at 9.15pm.

An extra crew was called out after firefighters discovered the property well ablaze.

The fire was extinguished by 10pm, with 80per cent of the kitchen fire and smoke damaged and the rest of the property substantially smoke damaged, a spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said.

The fire was involved a tumble dryer.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:52pm Thu 29 May 14

Welly View says...

"80per cent"

"The fire was involved a tumble dryer."

Yet further proof Somerset County Gazette urgently needs a proof-reader.
"80per cent" "The fire was involved a tumble dryer." Yet further proof Somerset County Gazette urgently needs a proof-reader. Welly View
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree