Flat in Taunton damaged by smoke following cooker fire

Flat in taunton damaged by smoke following cooker fire

Flat in taunton damaged by smoke following cooker fire

First published in News
Last updated

A FLAT in Taunton has suffered from serious smoke damage following a cooker fire.

Two fire appliances attended the fire at a ground floor property in Queen Street after receiving a call at 1.08pm.

The cooker was 20% damaged by heat and smoke and the flat was 60% damaged by smoke.

The fire was extinguished by fire crews using two breathing apparatus wearers, one hose reel jet and small tools.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

Fire crews left the incident in the hands of the housing association who were making the property secure.

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree