Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting COUNTY GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Three people treated for smoke inhalation in Taunton fire
8:09am Wednesday 5th December 2012 in Taunton
THREE people were treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a home in the Buckland Road area of Taunton during the night.
Two fire engines from Taunton were sent out at 1.30am (December 5) after a call from the occupier stating there was smoke in her property.
The occupiers were advised to evacuate the home immediately and on arrival the firefighters discovered a fire in a first floor bedroom.
They quickly put out the fire and said its cause was believed to be accidental and involved an electric blanket.
The cause is believed to be accidental and involved an electric blanket.
A Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Smoke detectors were fitted and alerted the occupants to the fire."
Comments are closed on this article.