BUS users who were left disappointed when a service was axed are smiling again.
WebberBus has re-introduced the service to Greenway Road, Rockwell Green, running from Wellington and back, on a six-month trial.
First Bus pulled the plug on its route last year due to safety concerns, but users will be able to rely on the service again from February 4 when Webber’s trial period starts.
Town councillor Andrew Govier said: “This is fantastic news. The loss of this service affected a great many people in the Rockwell Green and Westford areas who rely on the bus to get shopping and to go to work.
“I’m really pleased WebberBus has risen to the challenge.”
People from Westford and the lower part of Rockwell Green have faced a long walk to the church or Barley Mow to catch the bus for the past few months.
Cllr Govier said: “I really hope people will use this service. It’s essential that WebberBus is convinced that the route is financially viable and can be made permanent.
“We’re now talking to them about other routes in the town which will help residents access shops and services.”