THREE Taunton Saturday league teams are definitely through to the fourth round of the Somerset Intermediate Cup following the latest round of matches on Saturday.

Going into the day the league still had 12 teams in the competition.

Three teams didn’t play due to unfit pitches and one went out against another team from the league.

Blagdon Hill travelled to Clutton and had a 4-0 victory thanks to a hat-trick from striker Matt Francis and a goal from Matt Sibley. Wyvern beat Barrington by the same score thanks to two goals from Scott Higby and one each from Scott Oxley and Aaron Stallabrass.

Hamilton Hawks will hopefully join these teams next week when they replay their postponed game as will either Staplegrove Reserves or Porlock who play each other. Appletree took part in an eight goal game but were on the wrong side of the 5-3 result, Craig Burnett scoring twice and Paul Lawrence once.

Exmoor Rangers failed to score against West Hill Sports who hit two.

In Division One top two sides Locomotives and Predators played each other at Pawlett with the leaders Locos coming out 3-2 winners in a close game.

brothers Ali and Matt Pounde got a goal each for Locos with Joe Wilkinson getting the third, Carl Jones got both goals for the home side.

Staplegrove’s 3-1 win at Alcombe was enough to take them back to second spot, Jake Quick, Nick Crowford and James Nutt all getting one each, Lee Todd scoring for Rovers. Highbridge, whose long-serving striker Wayne Hand who transferred to Predators in the week, managed to pick up their first point of the season with a 2-2 home draw against Sampford Blues Martin Janko and Dave Poulsom replied for Blues.

Dulverton Town are relegated to bottom spot after losing 0-2 to North Petherton. Nathan Huxtable scored twice in the contest between SRL Allsaints and Bishops Lydeard, one an own goal, as the match finished 1-1.

In Division Two, with most teams on Intermediate Cup duty, there was only one fixture in this division but it produced seven goals with Bishops Lydeard Colts getting six of them at home against Westonzoyland. Callum Butt scored the Zoyland goal, Matt Harris scored two for Lydeard one of them from 40 yards and the other from the penalty spot, Ryan Hallett, Adam Watson, Sam Hallett and Shane Hills all adding one each.

In Division Three, with leaders Blagdon Hill on cup duty, it gave the chasing pack the chance to close the gap at least in theory, unfortunately the big game between second and third Bishops Hull and Stogursey was postponed due to unfit pitch but Merry Monk in fourth took the opportunity and by beating Redgate 6-2 have moved up to second place. Matt Melhuish got a pair, Ryan Bradford, Adam Reed, Craig Shirley and Louis Murrell all added one each.

Williton picked up their first league point of the season with a 2-2 home draw against Highbridge Town Reserves, Mark Allen got one of the Williton goals, the other was an won goal.

Galmington Dragons’ 3-0 defeat at the hands of Dulverton Town Reserves in Division Four resulted in them being toppled from the top of the table. Lee Hooper, Louis Smith and Lewis Hough all got a goal each for Town.

Milverton Rangers took the opportunity to go top after win a 6-1 win at Bridgwater Sports Colts. On target for Rangers were Lloyd Udall (2), Ed French, Cy Rich, Steve White and Gary Brewer.

The bottom two sides have swapped places after Porlock Reserves beat Morganians 2-0 thanks to goals from Kev Sparks and Kev James.