ROY Quantick proved the star of the show as he and partner Terry Morgan won the Ron Cornish Memorial (Pairs) Shield held by the Chanin and Thomas Dunster league at the Allerford Club.

With Morgan in pain after dislocating his finger on the first half of their semi-final, Quantick took charge hitting top scores of 161 in the semi-finals and 152 in the final.

Results: final – Mustangs 2 250 (T Morgan 98, R Quantick 152), Wynd Wallys 2 200 (N Sherrin 100, S Liddle 100); Third/fourth place play-off – Crazy Horses 1 231 (T Short 112, J Baker 119), Kickers 2 246 (C Burnett 121, S Norman 125).

Semi-finals – Mustangs 2 285 (T Morgan 124, R Quantick 161), Kickers 2 223 (C Burnett 114 and S Norman 109); Crazy Horses 1 214 (T Short 109, J Baker 105), Wynd Wallys 239 (N Sherrin 128, S Liddle 111).

Quarter-finals played at the Social Club: Kickers 2 209 (C Burnett 105, S Norman 104), The Aces 1 181 (A Taplin 90, P Feltham 91); Mustangs 2 (T Morgan and R Quantick w/o v Muckspreaders 1 (B Caley and M Collins); S T Rest 2 197 (R Arthington 104, G Perkins 93), Wynd Wallys 2 207 (S Liddle 105, N Sherrin 102; Crazy Horses 1 207 (T Short 111, J Baker 96), T Cubs 1 184 (G Richards 87, K Middleton 97).

In the semi-final between Mustangs and Kickers Quantick hit 82 in the first six hands including a 24 pin spare.

Morgan, after some manipulation on his finger, hit 124.

Opponents Colin Burnett and Stuart Norman managed just one spare against their names and were 51 down after six hands.

With no luck at all they were 76 adrift after ten but then three spares over the last two hands reduced the deficit to 62 by the end.

The other semi-final was much closer. By half time Tim Short and James Baker led by just one pin before Nick Sherrin and Steve Liddle pulled away to win by 25.

In the final Quantick carried on where he left off, hitting five spares in his first half 89 before following up with 63.

Despite his pain Morgan managed 98 which was enough to secure a 50 pin victory.

The third and fourth place final saw Burnett and Norman lead by 20 pins at half time. They managed to keep their noses in front to win by 15.

The cups and trophies will be presented at the rugby club on Friday, June 6 (7.30pm).