Toolstation Western League
Premier Division
Wellington AFC 4, Cadbury Heath 2

WELLINGTON claimed three crucial points in their bid to avoid relegation, putting four goals past visitors Cadbury Heath.

The impressive Sam Towler broke the deadlock for the hosts with nine minutes played, only for Sam Bailey to level.

Kai Fisher headed home to give the Tangerines a half-time lead, and they were grateful to goalkeeper Mitch Woodgate for preventing a second equaliser, as he saved a Heath penalty.

Glen Wright finished off a fine counter-attack to move the home side two goals clear, before Towler got his second to make it 4-1.

The visitors scored a consolation 10 minutes before the end, but the hosts were not in danger of letting the points slip.


Toolstation Western League
First Division
Bishops Lydeard 2, Chippenham Park 1

BISHOPS Lydeard moved up to seventh in the table after a home win against Chippenham Park.

The opening goal came just after the half-hour mark, as the in-form Charlie Wilson slotted home.

It was 2-0 on 60 minutes, as James Quick pounced on a defensive error to score, before a late Chippenham strike made for a nervy finish.


Somerset County League
Premier Division

Staplegrove 5, Clutton 1

STAPLEGROVE bounced back in style from the previous weekend's 7-1 defeat, as they eased past Clutton to move off the bottom of the standings.

Goals from Ben Martin (2), Lewis Bellringer, Joe Gratton and Josh Martin gave Grove the points, with Dan Bartlett on the scoresheet for the visitors.


Somerset County League
Division 1 West
Combe St Nicholas 0, Minehead AFC 6

MINEHEAD AFC continued their rise up the Division 1 West table with a comprehensive win at strugglers Combe St Nicholas.

Combe has beaten the in-form Burnham United the previous weekend, but the visitors raced into a 2-0 lead inside the first 10 minutes.

Callum Barnfield opened the scoring inside 90 minutes after breezing past three defenders, and Rob Vickers made it 2-0 soon after.

The scoreline remained the same until early in the second half, when Harry Scratchard and Vickers again found the net.

Guy Burns added two more to put the icing on the cake, before Combe captain Matthew Tooze was sent off.


Somerset County League
Premier & Division 1 Cup
Watchet Town 4, Nailsea United 1

WATCHET Town enjoyed a comfortable home win in the Premier & Division 1 Cup, beating the same opponents they'd overcome 2-1 the weekend before.

Tom Sparks, Jai Milton (from the penalty spot), Charley Clausen and Billy Jones all scored for the hosts, with Adam Marsden getting Nailsea's goal.

The result means that Watchet will host Bridgwater Town Reserves in the next round on December 9.