THE first of the Taunton & District Saturday League’s Cup final, the KO Cup, was held on Tuesday evening at Bridgwater Town's ground between two Division 2 sides, Blagdon Hill and Stogursey.

The first half was a very even affair with neither side able to break the deadlock. In the second period, Blagdon took the lead through James Bryce and doubled it with a goal from Simon Stone.

Blagdon then conceded a penalty converted by Ryan Chidgey to give Stogursey hope. They threw everything at Blagdon in an attempt to force the game to extra time but it wasn’t to be and Blagdon took the trophy 2-1.

On Saturday, Division 1 leaders Highbridge Town had a convincing 4-0 victory over Staplegrove Reserves. Chris Taylor got a pair, while Stuart Green and Ryan Elliott added the other two.

After edging the first half, Middlezoy Rovers Reserves were unlucky to come in at 0-0 against Locomotives, however a dominant second half display saw them power past a limping Locomotives and score three well-worked goals scorers through Sam Peppin, Harry Taylor and Aaron Whaites.

Bishops Lydeard Reserves beat Hamilton Hawks 3-1 with ex-Lydeard player Neil Gage scoring for Hawks against his old team; Sam Hallet scored two of the Lydeard goals and Kirk Poulsom the other.

North Petherton scored after 10 minutes through Shane Jolly against Alcombe Rovers then defended like their lives depended on it. The effort and commitment paid off as sub Jake Woodrow scored the second with the last kick of the game.

Matt Fursland and Piers Govier scored for Bridgwater Sports to give them all three points in their 2-1 win at Porlock for whom Stephen Lynch netted.

In Division 2, Blagdon Hill have 11 games in hand on leaders and their opponents Appletree Tone Youth but two goals from Pat Sherwood gave them a 2-0 victory and all they have to do now is win those spare games to take the lead as they are only 19 points behind.

Local rivals Stogursey and Nether Stowey fought out a goal-less draw.

Watchet and Westonzoyland ended at 2-2, James Millard and Ollie Ham scoring for Zoy and Adam Jeffries and Danny Williams for Watchet; and Hamilton Athletic beat Minehead Reserves 4-3 in a rare victory.

Division 3 leaders Morganians stay in front of the rest after a 2-1 win at Alcombe Rovers Reserves, Ben Chorley and Andrew James scoring with Ian Lowe responding for Rovers.

Second placed The Gallery beat Sydenham Rangers 3-0 to keep their double hopes alive. Sydenham started the brightest but Gallery scored against the run of play with a superb volley from the evergreen Mark Pope. In the second half, a missed Sydenham penalty sprung the Gallery into action with a bullet penalty from Jamie Evans.

As Sydenham pressed, Gallery got a third with another great Mark Pope strike, a good local derby played in the correct manner.

Milverton Rangers had a convincing 6-1 home win over Highbridge Town Reserves with Joe Godfrey and Cy Rich getting a pair a piece, Callum David and Crag Plumbridge adding the other two; James Harvey got the Highbridge goal.

Two goals from Chris Tucker helped Galmington Dragons to a 3-2 victory over Redgate, Oliver Tucker scoring the third.

Jack Hamblin got both the Redgate goals.

Tone Youth lost ground in Division 4 with a 1-1 draw with Dulverton Town Reserves.

Matt Zilwood scored for Dulverton but Gary Mckiernan scored a 30 yard screamer to equalise for Tone.

Second placed Woolavington made no mistakes in their comprehensive 7-0 victory over Sampford Blues Reserves. Sam Godfrey hit three, Josh Corkett two and Connor O’Neil and John Higgins one each.

Norton Fitzwarren went one down early from a great Jason Mantyk header for North Petherton Reserves but Henry Egerton equalised and captain Leo Salter and Andy Nichols gave Norton a 3-1 win.

In Division 5, Staplegrove Colts beat Galmington Dragons Reserves 6-3 with two goals from both Ian Bishop and Jason Quick, Graham Hook and Kurtis Selway added one each. Luke Bottomley, Alex Davis and Danny Skyner replied for Dragons.

Wiveliscombe stay level on points with Staplegrove but ahead on goal difference after their 4-1 win at Morganians Reserves.

Oli Price-Bates put Wivey in control before half-time and completed his hattrick just after the break.

Morganians pulled one back through Bob Kippen but Price-Bates turned provider late on setting up Davies to score the fourth.

East Bower beat Middlezoy Athletic 3-0.

Mike Watts headed the first, Nathan Butt’s scorcher from an Aaron Chidgey assist and a Jack Edwards penalty following Ash Warren being brought down in the box were enough.

Creech Cougars and Bridgwater Wolves shared the points in their 1-1 draw, Jordan Cozens scoring for Creech.

Ash Rangers are in third by a point but they have games in hand on second placed Staplegrove after their 8-1 win away at Hamilton Athletic Foxes. Senna Clapp got himself a hat-trick, and Callum Hardy tw,o with Harvey Puddy, George Scutt and Jack Wheeler all adding one each.