A ROOM in a toilet block in industrial premises was badly damaged in a fire this morning (Tuesday).

Fire crews were called to reports of an extractor fan on fire in a building in Frobisher Way, Taunton, at 9.14am

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "The incident involved a fire within an extractor fan in the toilet block.

"Twenty-five per cent fire damage was caused to the room of origin.

"The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus wearers, one hosereel jet and one safety jet.

"A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to ventilate the area and a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.

"The cause of the fire was accidental."