TWO sheds were destroyed and the extension to a house was badly damaged in a fire this morning (Saturday).

Fire crews were called to the blaze in Bossington Road, Selworthy, near Porlock, at 7.12am.

The fire initially involved the sheds before spreading to the roof of the ground floor extension of the home.

Firefighters forced their way into the home and confirmed that everyone was out before tackling the flames.

A Devon and Someret Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the home was 30 per cent damaged, adding: "The cause of the fire was accidental. Duty of care was left with the occupiers."