FIREFIGHTERS have this afternoon (Wednesday) tackled a fire in a bedroom in a house in Taunton.

Crews attended the property in Medway Close at 12.30pm.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "Fire appliances from Taunton and Bridgwater were mobilised to this incident.

"On arrival, crews confirmed one bedroom well alight and requested for a further fire appliance to be mobilised.

"The additional appliance was mobilised from Wellington."

He added that the cause of the fire was believed to have been accidental and was caused by an overheating laptop charger.