IT'S been a busy weekend for Somerset firefighters as they tackle numerous incidents across the county.

Emergency services were called to the A39 near Dunster at around 1.30pm yesterday (November 9) to reports of a crash.

One car was involved and a person was freed.

A spokesperson said: "Fire control received a call from Ambulance to the above location for a one vehicle road traffic collision with one person trapped.

"Two pumps from Minehead along with a rescue tender from Taunton mobilised.

"On arrival, crews stabilised and gained access into the vehicle which had left the road and entered a drainage ditch.

"Crews administered casualty care and managed traffic until arrival of ambulance and police.

"One male casualty, who was medically trapped within the vehicle, was released by fire crews using stabilising equipment."

Elsewhere in the county, firefighters rushed to an oven fire near Taunton. At around 5pm yesterday, two fire engines from Wellington and one from Taunton attended at Smokem Lane in Churchstanton.

A spokesperson said: "On arrival the incident commander confirmed a fire within a oil supplied oven and the kitchen was heavily smoke logged.

"Crews got to work with two breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire and to ventilate the property.

"Crews continued to monitor the oil supplied oven with a thermal imaging camera to ensure the fire was completely extinguished.

"This fire was believed to be an accidental ignition."

Meanwhile, another incident was beginning around the same time.

Firefighters were called to Highfield Terrace in Bower Hinton near Martock.

Engines from Martock, Yeovil and Ilminster were called to reports of a fire at around 5.30pm.

A spokesperson said: "One arrival the incident commander confirmed a fire within the kitchen at the rear of the property.

"Crews got to work with four breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and a safety jet to extinguish the fire."

An ambulance was requested for a man suffering smoke inhalation.

Later in the evening, a vehicle was reported near Langport at 9.30pm.

The fire service received multiple calls and in response sent engines from Somerton and Martock.

A spokesperson said: "On arrival the incident commander confirmed one vehicle well alight.

"Crews got to work extinguishing the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one fog spike, small tools and a thermal imaging camera.

"The incident commander believed this was an accidental ignition."