FIREFIGHTERS are tackling a blaze which has spread from a static home to a barn. 

Crews from Cheddar and Burnham on Sea were called to reports of a static caravan on fire in Notting Hill Lane, Axbridge, at just after 5am this morning (December 1).

On arrival, crews confirmed the fire was spreading to an adjacent barn, and requested a further two crews, both coming from Bridgwater.

"Crews then requested a water carrier due to insufficient water supplies," said a Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson.

"The water carrier from Bridgwater was sent."

Crews battled to prevent further fire spread, before requesting the telehandler to attend, which was sent from Clyst St George.

"One male was suffering with smoke inhalation and minor burns on scene," the spokesperson added.

Crews administered oxygen and requested an ambulance to attend.

Then, at 7.23am, crews confirmed asbestos was involved in the incident, within the roof, but not currently involved in fire.

Crews used hose reels to keep it cool.

The incident is ongoing.