A PORTAKABIN was set alight by a battery charging station near Taunton this morning.

Fire crews from Taunton were sent to the scene, in Monkton Heathfield Road, at 6.25am.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "The incident involved one small fire caused by a battery charging station within the site office, which measured approximately 3m x 6m."

They said the cabin, used as an office, was 10% damaged by the fire, with 100% smoke damage.

"The fire was extinguished by crews using one hosereel jet and ventilation," the spokesperson added.

The cause of the fire was accidental.