A HOME in Taunton was evacuated this morning (Tuesday) following a fire in the conservatory.

An occupant of the two-storey property in Trevor Smith Place called 999 call at 7.51am reporting that a tumble dryer had caught fire.

The homeowners then safely evacuated the house and three fire engines arrived on the scene shortly afterwards.

The incident was quickly under control and fire crews confirmed the fire was actually a fridge on fire, not the tumble dryer.

The fire, which started accidentally, caused light smoke logging, which was cleared using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

There were no casualties.