A KITCHEN towel holder and kitchen towel caught fire during an incident at a Somerset property.

Firefighters from Wells, Glastonbury and Street were sent to Polsham Lane, Polsham, Wells, at around 5.45pm on Monday afternoon (January 27) to reports of smoke issuing from the ground floor of a property.

At the scene, crews confirmed the fire and that all persons were accounted for.

"Crews entered the building with 2 breathing apparatus wearers, 1 hose reel jet and 1 attack jet," said a Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson.

"Initially crews thought this was a possible tumble dryer fire, but on further inspection confirmed this was a fire involving a kitchen towel holder and kitchen towel."

They tackled the blaze and left the scene.