A GARDEN shed was destroyed after an accidental fire in Taunton

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called at 11.09am today (March 29) to reports of a shed on fire in Salisbury Street. 

On arrival fire crews confirmed there was smoke and flames issuing and that it was a shed on fire. 

A spokesperson for the fire service said the shed, which measured 3m by 2m with an electrical supply was 100 per cent fire damaged as well as the contents.

"There was also 10 per cent damage to the rear of the property window along with a second shed 100 per cent damaged at a neighbouring property and fencing panels 40% damaged," the spokesperson said.

"Crews extinguished the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera.

"The fire was believed accidental."