TWO fire crews were called to a home near Musgrove Park Hospital after reports of smoke pouring from the property.

The engines rushed to Lavender Grove in Taunton at shortly before 10.30am yesterday.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two fire appliances from Taunton were mobilised to a property where smoke was issuing, but all persons were accounted for.

"Crews put the fire out with one hose reel jet and two firefighters in breathing apparatus.

"Crews also requested a further appliance carrying a positive pressure ventilation fan, which was sent from Wellington.

"Crews also used a thermal imaging camera and a CO2 extinguisher at the incident."

The fire was involving a cooker hood.

Crews believed the cause of the fire was 'accidental ignition'.

The property sustained moderate damage.