A GARDEN fire in Taunton spread to two properties.

Fire crews were called as 12.28pm yesterday (Monday) to multiple reports of a fire in Musgrove Road that had spread to a fence and a house.

The crews tackled the blaze, which affected the gable end of the house and caused damage to the windows of a neighbouring property.

An external gas pipe was affected by the fire so a Wales and West Utilities engineer was requested to attend.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

PHOTOS: Taunton Fire Station.