AN electrical fault is believed to have caused a fire which damaged a shed.

Fire crews from Frome and Warminster were sent to Queens Road, Frome, at around 1pm yesterday (October 6) after reports of a blaze.

"On arrival, the Incident Commander confirmed that there was smoke issuing from a metal shed in the garden of the property and quickly got to work to extinguish the fire using breathing apparatus, hose reel jet and a safety jet," said a Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson.

"The fire was believed to have started from an electrical fault and caused about 60% fire damage to the inside of the shed."