FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a chimney fire in Stogumber. 

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service were called at 9.52am on January 1 to reports of a chimney fire which had spread to a wooden lintel. 

Two fire engines, one from Williton and one from Wiveliscombe went to the scene.

"Crews investigated using a thermal imaging camera and small tools, and used a triple extension ladder to check the roof,"  a Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesperson said. 

"Crews put the fire out using one hose reel jet, chimney gear, small tools and a damp cloth on the lintel. The cause of the fire was accidental."