A FIRE in an electrical fuse box brought three crews to a street in Wells.

Firefighters were called to Priest Row, in Wells, at around 4.30pm yesterday (January 4) to reports of a blaze in a domestic property.

"Upon arrival this was found to be a small fire, now out, within an electrical fusebox situated within the property," said a spokesperson for the Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.

"Crews got to work making sure electrics to property were safe and have requested attendance of Western Power to fully check electrical cabling leading into property."