SPARKS from a chimney caused a fire at a property in Frome yesterday (January 5).

The chimney was in a building with three floors in Whatley.

Two fire engines from Frome attended the incident and confirmed the fire was put out at 7.20pm.

A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: "The fire was located within the chimney of the building of three floors measuring approximately 20m by 15m used as a domestic dwelling.

"Crews were at work from the hearth using small tools and chimney gear checking for signs of heat using a thermal imaging camera.

"At 7.13pm, two sets of chimney gear were in use and good progress was being made from the hearth.

"A thermal imaging camera was also still in use along with a stirrup pump and bucket."