FIRE crews tackled a blaze at a building in Shepton Mallet last night (January 8).

The incident on Cockmill Lane, East Pennard, was caused by fire embers from a chimney falling onto insulation.

Two fire engines - one from Shepton Mallet and one from Castle Cary - attended the fire at 7.48pm.

"On arrival, crews confirmed one single storey building alight," said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue.

"Fire crews got to work with small tools, a triple extension ladder and a thermal imaging camera.

"The fire was caused by fire embers falling onto insulation from a Chimney causing the timber frame to smoulder."