TWO women were treated for smoke inhalation after a chip pan fire last night (April 20).

Three fire engines from Cheddar, Wells and Glastonbury, as well as a fire officer, attended the incident on Honeyhurst Lane, Rodney Stoke, Cheddar.

The kitchen fire started around 11pm in a detached bungalow.

"Crews got to work using two breathing apparatus sets, one hose reel jet, one co extinguisher, one thermal imaging camera and one safety jet to extinguish the fire in the kitchen," said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue.

"The electrics were isolated and two women treated for slight smoke inhalation.

"The fire was involving a chip pan and the extraction system.

"Roof tiles were removed externally to check for fire spread and a fog spike used in the wall cavity after a high reading on the thermal imaging camera. A triple extension ladder was also used."