A PUB'S laundry room was severely damaged after a fire.

The incident unfolded at a pub in Porlock, West Somerset, at just after 9pm last night (Monday, May 17).

Three fire crews - from Porlock and Minehead along with the aerial ladder platform from Barnstaple - were sent to the scene.

"Crews located the fire which had fully engulfed the laundry room of the pub and used two breathing apparatus wearers, a hose reel jet and a safety jet to bring the fire under control," said a spokesperson for the Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.

"Crews confirmed the Aerial Ladder Platform was not required to attend the incident and the fire was quickly extinguished.

"The fire involved a tumble dryer causing severe damage to the room. The fire was caused accidentally."

No one was injured in the incident.