TWO people were injured after a fuse box fire at a property in Glastonbury yesterday evening (May 19).

Fire engines from Glastonbury, Street and Wells attended the incident on Magdalene Street at around 8.30pm.

Crews requested an ambulance after they found one woman suffering from smoke inhalation, and one man with burns to his hands.

Western Power also attended to isolate the electrics.

"Crews confirmed this fire was involving a consumer unity board and set to work with two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one covering jet a co2 and dry powder extinguisher," said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue.

At around 9pm, the Wells fire engine left the scene and ambulance were looking after the two casualties, who had only minor injuries.

"The final details are that this was a fire involving an electrical consumer unit located on the ground floor of a mid terraced property," added the spokesperson.

"The fire was extinguished with two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, six co2 extinguishers, one attack jet and one covering jet.

"A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to ventilate the property. Western power were in attendance and have isolated power to the property.

"The cause of the fire was accidental.

"Duty of care for the scene has been handed to Western Power."