TAUNTON Fire Station has published pictures of the aftermath of a devastating blaze in a Taunton home.

Fire crews from the county town and Wellington attended the fire in Wheatley Crescent on Saturday shortly after 6pm.

They were greeted by smoke billowing out of a bedroom window.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said crews immediately put on breathing apparatus and extra firefighters were requested to tackle the incident.

After gas and electrics were isolated, crews quickly put out the fire and checked it had not spread to the roof space.

The spokesperson said: "The cause of the fire was recorded as accidental, with 100 per cent fire damage recorded."