CREWS tackled a garage fire in Taunton yesterday afternoon (September 7).

Firefighters from Taunton and Wellington attended the incident in Staplegrove around 5.30pm.

The garage was 100% destroyed by the fire, and the cause of the blaze is believed to be accidental.

"Upon arrival crews confirmed fire within a garage that was attached to a property," said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue.

"Crews extinguished the fire and then vented further rooms and garages within the area that were smoke logged due to this incident.

"Crews used four breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, one safety jet, two thermal imaging cameras, one triple extension ladder and one positive pressure ventilation fan to extinguish the fire."