REPORTS of a chimney and wood burning stove on fire saw crews sent to a Somerset property.

The incident, in Compton Bishop, was attended by firefighters from Burnham on Sea, Glastonbury and Cheddar at around 8.40pm yesterday evening (September 13).

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "Fire control received a call to a property in the above location stating that the chimney from a wood burning stove was on fire.

"Once on scene crews confirmed they had located hot spots within an unused chimney breast on both the first and ground floors of the property, crews requested the attendance of the Heavy Rescue vehicle from Glastonbury for the Flexi Cam to check for any potential fire spread through the cavity walls."

The cause of the fire was accidental, they added.