A WOMAN needed treatment for smoke inhalation following a house fire in Taunton yesterday evening (Monday, September 27).

Two fire engines were sent to the incident in Priorswood Road at around 6pm after the occupant reported a fire in a bedroom.

Everyone had managed to get out of the two-storey home before fire crews arrived at the scene.

Electric and gas supplies were isolated before firefighters tackled the fire, which was out within ten minutes.

An ambulance was requested to treat the woman suffering from smoke inhalation.

The bedroom was five per cent damaged by fire and 20 per cent damaged by smoke.

The rest of the property was unaffected.