A CONSUMER unit caught fire in a property near Frome last night (October 7).

Fire crews from Frome attended the incident in Buckland Dinham around 9.30pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental and there was only slight fire damage to the consumer unit.

"Fire crews were mobilised to a report of an electrical fire in a garage that was attached to the main property," said a spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.

"The fire was extinguished using one Co2 extinguisher, and one thermal imaging camera."