A DISABLED mum-of-three says her sheltered housing home has seen her hospitalised twice - including falling through the floor and a ceiling collapsing on her head.

Victoria Parkhill, 45, has been living in the Watchet property after an accident in October 2010 left her with a broken neck.

She says it has rotten floors, flooding and severe mould, leaving her having to eat and sleep in the lounge.

A downstairs wet room which was built so Victoria could shower became mouldy and covered in rust, she says, claiming workers were sent to paint over it.

Underlying problems went unresolved, resulting in the rotten wet room floor collapsing causing Victoria to fall into the floor.

She split open her head and was taken to hospital and later was in A&E again after her ceiling crashed down onto her.

Victoria said the incidents have left her with a damaged disc and ongoing back issues.

She added: "I have cried every day I feel like I have the weight of the world - my children are severely ill, terribly poorly.

"It’s been awful as me and my son, 15, are so poorly coughing again he had a asthma attack last night and still no news. It has been hell."

The family's festive season was ruined when Victoria's eight-year-old daughter Isla woke her up shouting. "Mommy the house is flooded."

A leaking upstairs tap had filled the ground floor with a foot of water overnight, blowing out the electricity, destroying appliances and wrecking the kitchen.

Victoria said: "I will never forget waking up and seeing water pouring out of a tap that wasn't even turned on. It was horrific, my ankles were in water.

"But it is now day 43 since this flood and they still have not done a single thing.

"The floors still have water underneath. It's absolutely devastating and the smell is just disgusting."

She said property owner Magna housing association failed to attend to the waterlogged ceiling for over a month, until it deteriorated so much the plaster blew and rained down on Victoria and her dog.

The crumbling plaster ceiling left the family unable to eat in the dining room and retreating to the lounge for breakfast lunch and dinner. 

She said Magna have refused to fix much of the damage, leaving the family with waterlogged floors, warped doors and a damp house.

That is now aggravating a long-term damp problem, which has left Isla off sick from school, and 28-year-old Ashley sleeping downstairs with his young daughter when she visits.

Victoria said: "My daughter has missed half of the term with severe coughs and colds. She is now on antibiotics.

"My son is terribly poorly - we have slipped through the net and should have been put in sheltered accommodation."

Magna provided the family with a dehumidifier, but it has done little to tackle the thick black mould around the windows and walls. of the property.

In an attempt to air the house the wet room window is left open, but as a result ivy is now invading the property.

She said: "My carpets still stink upstairs and yet I’ve tried to not be one of those people who claim for ridiculous things to be greedy.

"I’m so poorly - it’s awful I feel like I don’t know where to start.

"The kitchen’s falling apart which was donated to me in 2014 to help me be more independent with cooking."

Victoria claims Magna have "suddenly gotten rid of my calls" and she has been treated "appallingly" by the agents.

A Magna spokesperson said: “We are really sorry that Ms Parkhill has outstanding repairs in her home that have taken longer than we would normally expect.

“The wet room was initially installed in 2011, then was extensively refurbished by Magna in 2021.

''This is in a separate part of the house and unrelated to the recent leak.

“Ms Parkhill contacted our out of hours team in late December to report a leak from the upstairs bathroom, which we responded to the following day.

''We were able to fix the leak and replace a spotlight that had been damaged, used a wet vac to clean the affected area, and provided a dehumidifier.

“However, it wasn’t until after Ms Parkhill contacted us again on 18 January that we visited the very next day to inspect the water damage to the ceiling and downstairs flooring.

''This should have happened sooner, and we have apologised to Ms Parkhill that it didn’t.

“We then arranged to return on Friday 2 February to begin the repairs but were unable to access the property because a member of the family was unwell.

''We have now confirmed the repairs will be done the week of 19 February."