TWO dogs and a cat were rescued from a property in Taunton after a fire broke out. 

Fire engines from Taunton were called to Shutewater Orchard in Bishops Hull at around 10.20am this morning (February 3). 

A neighbour reported the fire after seeing flames coming from the kitchen and had concerns for the pets inside. 

On arrival crews found smoke coming from the first-floor property. 

Two breathing apparatus wearers and one safety jet was used to rescue the pets from the property. 

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: "The fire was extinguished using four breathing apparatus wearers, two hose reel jets and one safety jet. 

"A positive pressure fan was used to ventilate the property and a thermal image camera to check for hot spots. 

"The cause of the fire was accidental."