FIREFIGHTERS were called to a property in Carhampton after reports of alarms sounding. 

One fire engine from Minehead went to the property on Carontoc Place at 11.46am today (February 5). 

When crews arrived, the officer in charge confirmed that smoke alarms were sounding due to smoke in the property.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one fire blanket, one attack jet and a pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the property. 

The officer in charge confirmed the cause of the smoke was due to an unattended pan left on the hob