Toolstation Western League
Premier Division
Brislington 4, Wellington AFC 0

BELEAGUERED Wellington suffered a fourth consecutive defeat on Saturday, as they shipped four goals away to Brislington.

The visitors welcomed back Joe Chamberlain and Tim Legg, and made a lively start in the rain, Chamberlain seeing a free-kick deflected wide.

Glen Wright also saw a shot flash narrowly off target, but then the hosts took the lead on 37 minutes, Louis Britton belting a volley into the top corner.

Tangerines goalkeeper Josh Mclean then did well to deny Britton one-on-one, and it remained 1-0 at half time.

The deficit stayed at one until the 65th minute, when Mclean again denied Britton, but Mason Dagger stabbed in the rebound.

Two goals in the final 10 minutes finished off the visitors, Britton charging clear and finishing well, before Jayden Nielson added another with a deflected shot.

Wellington were down to the bare bones by this point, Reserves manager Paul Pocock joining his son Lewis on the field for the latter stages.

Wellington: Josh Mclean, Jack Porter, Tim Legg, Glen Wright, Scott Townsend (Lewis Pocock 48), Tom Hawkins, Ben Newman (Paul Pocock 81), Sam Bryant (c), Conor Bryant, Sam Jones, Joe Chamberlain (Paolo Borges 62).

The result saw Wellington leapfrogged by their hosts, and they are now down to 16th in the standings, only three points ahead of third-bottom Roman Glass St George.

This coming Saturday, the Tangerines host fellow strugglers Cribbs, who are one place and one point behind them (ko 3pm).


Toolstation Western League
First Division
Calne Town 2, Bishops Lydeard 2

BISHOPS Lydeard inched their way up to 14th in the First Division table after a good point away to promotion contenders Calne Town on Saturday.

They trailed 1-0 at half time, Matt Jenkins netting from the penalty spot for the hosts, after Lydeard had missed a spot-kick of their own.

But the away side levelled it up after the break, Ryan Brereton scoring on the hour.

Jenkins put his side back ahead with 10 minutes to go, but Ben Hebditch ensured the visitors would not go away empty-handed, netting with the last kick of the match.

Bishops Lydeard: Nathan Whatley, Callum Flaherty (Luke Desave), James Quick, Luke Bryant, Mark Cornish, Ryan Andrews, Mark Clunie, Ryan Brereton, Zac Ryder (Harry Millar), Ben Hebditch, Jason Quick.

Lydeard are one of three teams on 18 points, and they travel to second-bottom Portishead Town this Saturday (ko 3pm).


SOMERSET County League Premier Division side Watchet Town played 65 goalless minutes against Middlezoy Rovers on Saturday, only for the match to be abandoned due to the amount of standing water on the pitch.

In Division 1, both Minehead AFC and Staplegrove tasted defeat.

High-flying Minehead lost 2-1 in difficult conditions away to Mendip Broadwalk, for whom Tommy Milkins and Robert Lucas scored; Keynone Blight replied for the visitors.

Strugglers Staplegrove were beaten 3-1 by second-placed Saltford; this Saturday sees Staplegrove host Minehead, while Watchet entertain Clevedon United (both ko 2pm).