Toolstation Western League
Premier Division
Wellington AFC 2, Roman Glass St George 1

WELLINGTON rose to 12th place with their eighth league win of the season on Saturday, coming from behind to beat Roman Glass St George.

After a minute's silence in memory of club stalwart Neil Jenkins, who passed away recently, the Tangerines made a bright start and Josh Wadham's shot whistled just past the post

Wadham then fired into the side netting, before Tim Legg had to clear a shot at the other end after a mix-up between him and goalkeeper Josh Mclean.

The hosts lost Conor Bryant to injury – the forward going to hospital with a nasty cut around his eye – but still the chances came, Tom Hawkings heading against the crossbar from a Lewis Tasker corner.

Mclean made a fine save to deny Jordan Lam, but could do nothing about Sam Wentland's fierce half-volley, which put the Bristol side ahead on the half hour.

It remained 1-0 at half time, but the hosts did not have to wait much longer for an equaliser, as Tasker – brought in from Tiverton Town for his second spell at the club – shot from distance, the ball flying through a crowd of players and sneaking in on 48 minutes.

And just a minute later the turnaround was complete, Tasker setting up Hawkings to run into space and find the net with well-judged effort.

Ryan Radford was denied by Mclean, but the visitors' task was made more difficult when Ibrahim Sarr was shown a second yellow card for dissent.

The Tangerines dropped deeper in a bid to maintain their lead, but they saw out the pressure to secure three precious points.

Wellington: Josh Mclean, George Rogers (Lewis Pocock 66), Jack Bown-Porter, Tim Legg, Scott Drayton, Glen Wright (c), Jack Bryant, Tom Hawkings, Conor Bryant (Sam Jones 6 (Paolo Borges 78)), Josh Wadham. Unused sub: Sam Bryant.

Man of the match: Josh Wadham. Attendance: 64

This coming Saturday sees Wellington host Westbury United, who are currently second in the table (ko 3pm).

The club has also launched a new website, which can be found here.


Toolstation Western League
First Division
Warminster Town 2, Bishops Lydeard 0

BISHOPS Lydeard's tough season continued, as they lost 2-0 away to fellow mid-table side Warminster Town on Saturday.

The game was played on a heavy, wet pitch which cut up as the match went on.

It was an ill-tempered affair littered with fouls, free-kicks and yellow cards while one player from each side – Lewis Graham for Warminster, Ben Cottrell for Lydeard – was sent off for a second caution.

Warminster were the better side with strong and accurate passing, and although Lydeard did come back into the game in the last half-hour, they never looked capable of scoring.

The home team took the lead in the ninth minute, when Charlie Walton slotted home a cross from the left.

Conner McKay scored the second in the 27th minute, finding the net with a fierce shot after another left-wing cross.

Bishops Lydeard: Nathan Whatley, Mark Cornish, Jason Quick, Luke Bryant, Callum Flaherty, Ryan Brereton, Ryan Andrews, Harry Millar, Charlie Bridges, Jake Quick, Zac Ryder. Subs: Ben Cottrell, Will Mumby.

Lydeard – in 13th place – now have a difficult home game against league leaders Cheddar this Saturday (ko 3pm).