Toolstation Western League
Premier Division
Wellington 1, Clevedon Town 3

WELLINGTON remain third from bottom in the Premier Division standings, after two goals in the last 10 minutes condemned them to a 3-1 home defeat on Saturday.

Visitors Clevedon Town rose to third place with their victory, but it was the home side who made a bright start.

The closest they came to an opener was on the half-hour, when Glen Wright beat the Clevedon goalkeeper to the ball, but his header was cleared off the line.

Tangerines keeper Tom Welch made a fine reaction save to deny Syd Camper at the other end, but the visitors went ahead in the 37th minute, when Zach Drew converted a cross from the left at the second attempt.

The second half was a cagey affair for the most part, with Wellington seeking an equaliser without creating any clear chances.

Their hopes were dashed with 10 minutes to go, as Jay Murray raced clear to score, and substitute Lucas Vowles added a third goal three minutes after that.

Tangerines defender Tom Stone headed in from a corner in stoppage time, but it was too little, too late by then.

Wellington: Tom Welch, Josh Pearson, Carl Jones, Tom Stone, Jordon Mace, Luke Boyle, Joe Wylie, Glen Wright, George Sinnott, Charlie Dodd, Ollie Holman. Subs: Aaron Hawkings, Ollie Nott.

Wellington entertain second-placed Plymouth Parkway tomorrow (Wednesday, ko 7.45pm), and travel to Bitton - who are ninth in the table - on Saturday (ko 3pm).


First Division
Ashton & Backwell United 1, Bishops Lydeard 3

BISHOPS Lydeard started Saturday's match nine places below Ashton & Backwell United in the table, but they stunned their hosts with a 3-1 win.

The Bishops started strongly and they took the lead in the fourth minute, when Charlie Wilson broke away down the centre and slid the ball past the goalkeeper.

The visitors could have added a second two minutes later when Ben Hebditch missed by inches, and Wilson twice shot just over the bar.

Soon after the break, Wilson put the Bishops further ahead by slotting home a cross from the left.

This sparked a reaction from the home side, and Calum Townsend pulled a goal back in the 52nd minute.

Lydeard keeper Nathan Whatley was then forced into making a number of superb saves, but the visitors made the game safe in added time.

Substitute Jake Quick broke away down the left to beat the full-back and slotted home a great goal, to complete a fine victory.

Bishops Lydeard: Nathan Whatley, Jason Quick, Miles Quick, Mark Clune, Luke Bryant, Ben Cotterell, Sam Mockridge, Ryan Brereton, Lewis Waldy, Ben Hebditch, Charlie Wilson. Subs: Ryan Andrews, Will Hazeldine, Jake Quick.

Lydeard, now 13th in the standings, entertain league newcomers Lebeq United (who sit in seventh spot) on Saturday (ko 3pm).