National One Rugby: Taunton Titans 32-56 Sale FC

TAUNTON Titans were well beaten in their match at home against Sale FC on Saturday (December 2).

There was doubts this match would even go ahead due to the fog restricting visibility but the referees deemed it playable.

At half time, Taunton were in front and deserved to be to as they had put in a very strong performance, however in the second period Sale showed their skills and ran away with the win.

Two minutes in Frankie Dart set up Noah Fenton in the corner for the opening try which Dart converted from the sideline to make it 7-0.

Soon after, Sale worked the ball forward and were able to score under the posts which was converted for 7-7.

Dart sent Taunton back in front with a well hit penalty and after 15 minutes and he pushed the lead to 13-7 minutes later with a second penalty conversion.

However Sale were able to take the lead in the 22nd minute when they raced over for a converted try.

It came against the fun of play but from that the visitors took momentum for a period of time, but the Titans snapped that quickly and after winning a lineout they held on to possession before Dart broke the line to score and then convert his own try to make it 20-14 after 28 minutes.

And Greg Kitson scored the Titans third try just before half time after he dragged two defenders over the line.

That meant at the half time break it was 25-14 to the hosts and Taunton started the second half strongly too as they scored just minutes into it.

Again Fenton played in on the wing by Dart to score his second of the afternoon. Dart converted and it was 32-14.

From this point, it would be hard to believe Sale scored 42 points in the remainder of the half to win well. But that is what happened.

Sale fought back and in the 50th minute from a rolling maul they got the ball down in the corner and the try was converted for 32-21.

Kitson was shown a yellow card shortly after and with the extra man Sale made the Titans pay instantly as they crossed for an easy try off a maul again.

Sale went back in front with about 15 to go when they scored another converted try to go up 32-35.

Things went from bad to worse for Taunton as the away team took the score to 32-42 after some more poor defending and Taunton were very much on the ropes.

And the visitors kept that momentum for the remainder of the match as they ran in two more converted tries to see the final score be 32-56.

All in all a disappointing end to the match for the Titans as they looked the better side in the first half.

Up next, they take on Cinderford away from home on Saturday, December 9.