THE 2014 Somerset Business Awards have officially been launched.
Categories and sponsors for this year’s awards were unveiled at the Somerset in Business Conference, held at Junction 24 near Bridgwater.
The awards are celebrating their tenth year and organisers Somerset Chamber of Commerce say many previous recipients have reported an increase in brand awareness and sales, thanks to their win.
Businesses of all shapes and sizes, across a variety of sectors in Somerset can enter the Somerset Business Awards for free and can enter as many categories as they wish.
This year, there are 14 award categories, sponsored by businesses including Albert Goodman as the main sponsor for the fourth year.
Rupert Cox, chief executive of the chamber, said: “This year marks ten years of thriving businesses and I am very proud to be involved with the awards. Showcasing the best in Somerset, the Somerset Business Awards are a splendid celebration and I wish everyone the best of luck with their entries.”
Returning as main sponsor for its fifth year, Albert Goodman’s managing partner David Griffin added: “The Somerset Business Awards has become one of the most prestigious events in the business calendar and we are delighted to return as the main sponsor.
“The business benefits associated with the awards are truly invaluable and simply by entering, it gives businesses the opportunity to evaluate and emerge as a better business.
“Businesses in Somerset continue to flourish and provide valuable growth in the local economy. On behalf of Albert Goodman, we wish all entries the very best of luck.”
Entries are being accepted from now until 5pm on August 29 – for details and to apply on-line click on www.somersetbusinessawards.org.uk
You can also follow the awards on Twitter at @SomBizAwards where all the latest news and updates will be posted with the hashtag #SBA2014.
- Family Business of the Year Award sponsored by Albert Goodman
- Best Exporter Award sponsored by Foot Anstey
- Business of the Year 1-10 sponsored by Yeovil College
- Business of the Year 11-25 sponsored by A. C.Mole & Sons
- Business of the Year 26-50 sponsored by EDF Energy
- Business of the Year 51+ sponsored by Higos Insurance Services
- Charity of the Year Award sponsored by Clarke Willmott
- International Trader Award sponsored by Porter Dodson
- Marketing and Promotion Award, sponsored by ADPR
- New Business of the Year Award sponsored by Glyder
- New to Somerset Award sponsored by Into Somerset
- Service Excellence Award sponsored by Cooper Associates
- Skills for Growth Award sponsored by Somerset Employment & Skills Board
- Young Business Employee of the Year Award sponsored by Jobseekers Recruitment
- Media sponsors: Newsquest Somerset (publisher of this website) and Heart FM.