Taunton Library dragon vandalised again

Somerset County Gazette: Taunton Library dragon vandalised again Taunton Library dragon vandalised again

THE dragon feature outside Taunton Library has been vandalised.

Its head has been smashed apparently by someone throwing a brick at it.

Library staff have taped off the area and appealed for any information to help find out who was responsible.

The feature was only recently repaired after a previous incident.

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:18pm Fri 11 Jul 14

blackmasquerade says...

Mindless moron(s)
Mindless moron(s) blackmasquerade
  • Score: 8

1:42pm Fri 11 Jul 14

Aliendaz says...

Just seen one of the new Dragon Statues out side the swimming pool, I give it one week before some mindless idiot have vandalized that too !
Just seen one of the new Dragon Statues out side the swimming pool, I give it one week before some mindless idiot have vandalized that too ! Aliendaz
  • Score: 3

1:56pm Fri 11 Jul 14

RightToAnOpinion says...

Bring back the birch.
Bring back the birch. RightToAnOpinion
  • Score: 1

6:22pm Fri 11 Jul 14

Dr Dave says...

Many of these dragons will no doubt get vandalised - Bristol did it with the Grommits - why can't Taunton and the surrounding area have something like this, without vandalism?
Many of these dragons will no doubt get vandalised - Bristol did it with the Grommits - why can't Taunton and the surrounding area have something like this, without vandalism? Dr Dave
  • Score: 5

12:35pm Thu 17 Jul 14

souwesterly says...

Dr Dave wrote:
Many of these dragons will no doubt get vandalised - Bristol did it with the Grommits - why can't Taunton and the surrounding area have something like this, without vandalism?
Because we've far too many late night clubs where booze-fueled idiots can loiter before wandering around town looking for trouble.
Bring back respectable drinking times; responsible drinking and decently hard punishments.
[quote][p][bold]Dr Dave[/bold] wrote: Many of these dragons will no doubt get vandalised - Bristol did it with the Grommits - why can't Taunton and the surrounding area have something like this, without vandalism?[/p][/quote]Because we've far too many late night clubs where booze-fueled idiots can loiter before wandering around town looking for trouble. Bring back respectable drinking times; responsible drinking and decently hard punishments. souwesterly
  • Score: -3

3:06pm Thu 17 Jul 14

anon2014x says...

souwesterly wrote:
Dr Dave wrote:
Many of these dragons will no doubt get vandalised - Bristol did it with the Grommits - why can't Taunton and the surrounding area have something like this, without vandalism?
Because we've far too many late night clubs where booze-fueled idiots can loiter before wandering around town looking for trouble.
Bring back respectable drinking times; responsible drinking and decently hard punishments.
I think it's a bit unfair to put the blame solely on nightclubs, especially when Bristol have many more than us! I don't think the clubs put up a sign saying 'get drunk and smash up a Dragon!'
It might well be that alcohol was involved but it's a frame of mind too! When I go out for a drink I usually have a laugh with friends
[quote][p][bold]souwesterly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Dave[/bold] wrote: Many of these dragons will no doubt get vandalised - Bristol did it with the Grommits - why can't Taunton and the surrounding area have something like this, without vandalism?[/p][/quote]Because we've far too many late night clubs where booze-fueled idiots can loiter before wandering around town looking for trouble. Bring back respectable drinking times; responsible drinking and decently hard punishments.[/p][/quote]I think it's a bit unfair to put the blame solely on nightclubs, especially when Bristol have many more than us! I don't think the clubs put up a sign saying 'get drunk and smash up a Dragon!' It might well be that alcohol was involved but it's a frame of mind too! When I go out for a drink I usually have a laugh with friends anon2014x
  • Score: 2

4:41pm Thu 17 Jul 14

souwesterly says...

anon2014x wrote:
souwesterly wrote:
Dr Dave wrote:
Many of these dragons will no doubt get vandalised - Bristol did it with the Grommits - why can't Taunton and the surrounding area have something like this, without vandalism?
Because we've far too many late night clubs where booze-fueled idiots can loiter before wandering around town looking for trouble.
Bring back respectable drinking times; responsible drinking and decently hard punishments.
I think it's a bit unfair to put the blame solely on nightclubs, especially when Bristol have many more than us! I don't think the clubs put up a sign saying 'get drunk and smash up a Dragon!'
It might well be that alcohol was involved but it's a frame of mind too! When I go out for a drink I usually have a laugh with friends
Obviously you're one of those more responsible drinkers - but to "go out for a drink....(and).....h
ave a laugh with friends" means different things to different people.
Having a laugh often seems to entail doing as much vandalism as possible - especially when egged on by friends and especially when loaded with drink.
Perhaps unfair to blame the nightclubs - but do the majority of drinkers who don't frequent the clubs choose to wander into town to "have their fun"?
Sorry - but take away the clubs and the police would then be more able to deal with the remainder of the numbnuts who seem to come out at night, rather than with those who according to you are blameless.
[quote][p][bold]anon2014x[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]souwesterly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Dave[/bold] wrote: Many of these dragons will no doubt get vandalised - Bristol did it with the Grommits - why can't Taunton and the surrounding area have something like this, without vandalism?[/p][/quote]Because we've far too many late night clubs where booze-fueled idiots can loiter before wandering around town looking for trouble. Bring back respectable drinking times; responsible drinking and decently hard punishments.[/p][/quote]I think it's a bit unfair to put the blame solely on nightclubs, especially when Bristol have many more than us! I don't think the clubs put up a sign saying 'get drunk and smash up a Dragon!' It might well be that alcohol was involved but it's a frame of mind too! When I go out for a drink I usually have a laugh with friends[/p][/quote]Obviously you're one of those more responsible drinkers - but to "go out for a drink....(and).....h ave a laugh with friends" means different things to different people. Having a laugh often seems to entail doing as much vandalism as possible - especially when egged on by friends and especially when loaded with drink. Perhaps unfair to blame the nightclubs - but do the majority of drinkers who don't frequent the clubs choose to wander into town to "have their fun"? Sorry - but take away the clubs and the police would then be more able to deal with the remainder of the numbnuts who seem to come out at night, rather than with those who according to you are blameless. souwesterly
  • Score: 1

5:29pm Thu 17 Jul 14

jellyonaplate says...

Just a shot in the dark but could it have something to do with the lack of a decent upbringing, values and respect?
Just a shot in the dark but could it have something to do with the lack of a decent upbringing, values and respect? jellyonaplate
  • Score: 5

6:05pm Thu 17 Jul 14

anon2014x says...

souwesterly wrote:
anon2014x wrote:
souwesterly wrote:
Dr Dave wrote:
Many of these dragons will no doubt get vandalised - Bristol did it with the Grommits - why can't Taunton and the surrounding area have something like this, without vandalism?
Because we've far too many late night clubs where booze-fueled idiots can loiter before wandering around town looking for trouble.
Bring back respectable drinking times; responsible drinking and decently hard punishments.
I think it's a bit unfair to put the blame solely on nightclubs, especially when Bristol have many more than us! I don't think the clubs put up a sign saying 'get drunk and smash up a Dragon!'
It might well be that alcohol was involved but it's a frame of mind too! When I go out for a drink I usually have a laugh with friends
Obviously you're one of those more responsible drinkers - but to "go out for a drink....(and).....h

ave a laugh with friends" means different things to different people.
Having a laugh often seems to entail doing as much vandalism as possible - especially when egged on by friends and especially when loaded with drink.
Perhaps unfair to blame the nightclubs - but do the majority of drinkers who don't frequent the clubs choose to wander into town to "have their fun"?
Sorry - but take away the clubs and the police would then be more able to deal with the remainder of the numbnuts who seem to come out at night, rather than with those who according to you are blameless.
In my comment I mentioned it's a frame of mind so I do agree with what you say, I don't think you can say. 'get rid of the night clubs' however
[quote][p][bold]souwesterly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]anon2014x[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]souwesterly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr Dave[/bold] wrote: Many of these dragons will no doubt get vandalised - Bristol did it with the Grommits - why can't Taunton and the surrounding area have something like this, without vandalism?[/p][/quote]Because we've far too many late night clubs where booze-fueled idiots can loiter before wandering around town looking for trouble. Bring back respectable drinking times; responsible drinking and decently hard punishments.[/p][/quote]I think it's a bit unfair to put the blame solely on nightclubs, especially when Bristol have many more than us! I don't think the clubs put up a sign saying 'get drunk and smash up a Dragon!' It might well be that alcohol was involved but it's a frame of mind too! When I go out for a drink I usually have a laugh with friends[/p][/quote]Obviously you're one of those more responsible drinkers - but to "go out for a drink....(and).....h ave a laugh with friends" means different things to different people. Having a laugh often seems to entail doing as much vandalism as possible - especially when egged on by friends and especially when loaded with drink. Perhaps unfair to blame the nightclubs - but do the majority of drinkers who don't frequent the clubs choose to wander into town to "have their fun"? Sorry - but take away the clubs and the police would then be more able to deal with the remainder of the numbnuts who seem to come out at night, rather than with those who according to you are blameless.[/p][/quote]In my comment I mentioned it's a frame of mind so I do agree with what you say, I don't think you can say. 'get rid of the night clubs' however anon2014x
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree