Spreading chimney fire at Langord Budville tackled by crews

First published in Wellington & Wiveliscombe

A FIRE which had spread from a chimney to a wooden beam in a house near Langford Budville has been put out. 

Two fire engines from Wellington went to the incident at 3pm today (January 26) and crews cut the beam and removed it from the chimney breast, which they then had to shore up to make sure it was safe. 

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental. 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree